Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Condominium insurance question?

My condo had a loss in the kitchen and breakfast area. The insurance policy from our condo association (i.e., not my policy) covers the loss, and that is not in dispute. What they did was rip up the damaged half of the floor in the breakfast area, but held off ripping up the remainder of the floor. The contractor used by our association for repair work says that repairing and replacing the floor in the kitchen will require moving appliances which they are not paid to do. How can this best be resolved? I want my floor like it was...one seamless expanse from the kitchen right through to the breakfast area. Should I have to pay for moving appliances? In our state (Mass.) a licensed plumber is required to disconnect and reconnect the dishwasher and this won't be cheap. Thanks for any replies!

No comments:

Post a Comment