Saturday, July 16, 2011

Extending Shingles on Roof?

I had to extend the shingles on the rear of my house yesterday. Water was going behind the gutter and soaking the fascia board (which i believe was leading to a moisture problem in my attic) I did so by following some advice and sliding some aluminum flashing under the last row of shingles extedning them out over the gutter. Im sitting here thinking about it and I think I may have extended them too far, (about 2" out). I ran a hose on the roof for quite some time and got a good flow of water going into the gutter, nothign splashing over. I just wanted to see if 2" was actually too far where it could cause problems, becuase I keep seeing 1/2" to 3/4" as being the normal distance. Not really looking forward to climbing back up there just to puch them in another inch. Thanks for any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment